Although Magento CE 1.9.2 is released later than expected. But this release provide merchants with many improvements that help them easily to build site with many product quality and security enhancement.
Now it is officially for download here: https://www.magentocommerce.com/download
Let’s look at Updates and Improvements of Magento 1.9.2 below
1. Security Enhancement
Magento 1.9.2 include recent security patches (SUPEE-5344, SUPEE-5994, and SUPEE-6285) into the core code to help merchants better protect their sites.
– SUPEE-6285 Patch Bundle offers protection against several types of security-related issues, including information leaks, request forgeries, and cross-site scripting. This is a critical security patch (SUPEE-6285). It is strongly recommended that this patch be installed on your store immediately
– SUPEE-5994 Patch Bundle includes protection against the following security-related issues:
– SUPEE-5344 Patch provides protection against a specific remote code execution (RCE) vulnerability known as the “shoplift bug,” that allows hackers to obtain Admin access to a store.This bundle provides protection against several types of security-related issues, including information leaks, request forgeries, and cross-site scripting.
Merchants on earlier versions of Community Edition should apply the patches to fix these critical security gaps, or upgrade to Community Edition 1.9.2.
2. Technology updates & quality improvements
Magento 1.9.2 offers the newest versions of the Zend 1 Framework & Redis integration, together with small changes of full-page caching which allow more pages to be cached. Besides, this release bring many 105 quality improvements to enhance product quality and to integrate previous patches into the core code.
3. Auto functional testing framework
Magento CE 1.9.2 includes an auto testing framework with around 170 automated functional tests. Developers can use the Magento Test Framework (MTF) to boost the time and quality of implementation to market, and to do basic acceptance testing when adding extensions, making customizations, and upgrading.
Changes in This Release Overview
- Access Control List (ACL) resources have new resources enabled.
- Cron jobs now execute at the time they were created, rather than the order in which they were created.
- Google Universal Analytics now includes information about customer orders. The configuration has been streamlined, and includes two account types: Google Analytics and Universal Analytics.
- Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) addressing is now supported.
- Prices can be saved with a comma to separate thousands.
- Products can be downloaded over HTTPS.
- Redis integration has been updated to the latest version.6
- XMLConnect module has been updated to ver. 24. The module should be delivered in the “disabled” state.
- Zend framework has been updated to ver. 1.12.10.
- MAGENTO PAGE BUILDER TUTORIAL: HOW TO CREATE RESPONSIVE MAGENTO PAGE
- [UPDATE] 7 MAGENTO THEME UPDATED FOR MAGENTO 184.108.40.206
- TRENDY RESPONSIVE MAGENTO THEME UPDATED WITH MAGENTO FAQ EXTENSION
- TOP 8 MAGENTO PAGE BUILDER THEMES BUILT WITH BOOTSTRAP 3.
- [INFOGRAPHIC] HOW YOU CAN GET PROFIT FROM MAGENTO THEME CLUB
- 8 PRACTICAL AND PROVEN TIPS TO INCREASE TRAFFIC TO YOUR MAGENTO WEBSITE