There’s over 240,000 shops on Magento out there using Magento 1.x. After Magento 2 official release, most magento merchant has expressed the same wonder that should move from magento 1.x to magento 2.
The most commonly asked questions could be mentioned such as
Is it worth to upgrade to magento 2.x?
When should you upgrade to Magento 2?
How smooth or painful process can you expect?
In this post we will try to answer each question together. Let’s get started
1. Is it worth to upgrade to magento 2.x? Let’s Compare Magento 1 vs magento 2?
If you has a plan not to get left behind or stay with magento 1.x. It’s time to change. If you are wonder whether it worth to upgrade to magento 2.x or not, I will say it would be? Today I will give you some reasons for that.
Compare Magento 1 vs magento 2.
*** Enhanced Performance & Scalability in Magento 2
- Magento 2 deliver speed with the incredibly fast page load time for home, category and product pages( <1.5 second per page) on first view. And even faster time when the pages will catch( <0.75 second per page)
- Each step has checkout process designed for page tool( < 1.9 seconds per step) you can convert more sale
- Magento also has scale to help you handle your busiest days. Magento support 3.5 million page view per hour and more than 250,00 orders per hour
- You can go big for magento thanks to use database for order management, catalog and checkout
*** Magento 2 Rich User Experience in Magento 2
Delivering unique and engaging experiences across every touch point making it easy to transact. It is key of winning in the day of competitive ecommerce environment. That’s why magento enables personalization experiences, on site behaviour or other data influence content, promotion and product recommendation. Currently, Venustheme also offer Magento Page Builder for personalization & usability. With the support of page builder, you can save tons of time, money and efforts by visually editing your site with ease. Learn More here: http://www.venustheme.com/venus-magento-page-builder/
- Easy Product discovery
Magento site is making shopping easier. Shopper can easily narrow their product options and find out exactly what they are looking for with powerful search. Layered navigation also bring Price, Color and Category
- Fast Checkout
2 step checkout process is fast. Speeding shopper through the process by minimizing this step and information they provide. And other information page, user can create account with one click without interrupting the transaction
2. When should you upgrade to Magento 2?
It really depends on your site condition. If your site is working well and running smoothly.
If you are using new magento version such as 1.9 CE and 1.14 EE, you don’t need to be hurry. Instead, you can start exploring magento 2 or discuss with your solution partner to make some plan.
If you are using old version or even you have serious trouble with the new version. It will be a great time to plan for update
3. How smooth or painful process can you expect?
The migration tool is ready. But be prepared, the process will be less smooth than you can expect. This tool will help you and your solution partner with the data( store setup, products, customers, orders..)
But please notice that theme and code customizations( which include 3rd party extensions) can not be transferred. It means that you need to redo on magento 2.
On the other hand, this revamp also bring good things for example
- You can take it as a new chance to improve overall usability of your site
- You are able to get rid of some of the legacy code
- Take an overview and rethink about your business as a whole
Get Access To Magento 2 Theme Club ONLY $84
Learn More Magento 2 tutorials :
** Free Magento 2 Themes
**How To Create A Simple Module In Magento 2
** Magento 2 Database Structure
** How To Install Magento 2 Sample Data Before Magento Installation
** What’s New In Magento 2 Admin Panel
** How To Create Configurable Product Magento2 | Magento Configurable Product Guide